INNOVATIVE NEW DESIGN!
Supplied into markets around the world the Hy-Ram Sandwich Valves have become an essential fitting in allowing fire hydrants or washouts to be repaired & maintained under pressure – keeping supply to the customer on.
This normally open ‘in line’ shut off valve is rated at 16bar and provides an 80mm clear bore for maximum compatibility. All materials and coatings are WRAS approved.
The Identified Uses
- Fitted under a Fire Hydrant or Air Valve to facilitate cleaning, changing and removal underpressure, without shutdown. This minimises disruption and potential contamination
- Normally open ’in line’ shut off valve
- Underpressure drilling through any Underpressure Tee having DN80 flanged outlet
- As an access point into the main for insertion of:
- Leak Detection Equipment
- Fibrescope / CCTV
- Probe Insertion Point
- Flow Meter
- Chlorination Point, etc
- Provides an 80mm clear bore – compatible with all DN80 through-bore hydrants
- Can be installed in a variety of situations in order to minimise future shutdowns
- Simple and quick to install
- Excellent for use in tight access trenches where other services may be causing an obstruction
- Saves space when compared to a traditional BS:5163 R.S. Gate Valve
- Requires minimal excavation when used in conjunction with an Underpressure Tee & Hy-Ram Drilling Machine
- Due to competitive pricing, more valves can be afforded within the network, giving greater flexibility and better control
- All fittings individually tested with blade in and blade out under a strict ISO procedure
Application / Specification
- All materials and coatings are WRAS approved