To complement our growing team, we are recruiting an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer.
Reporting to the Technical Manager the focus for this role is for an HND/Degree educated Mechanical Design Engineer with a strong background in machinery and hydraulics. They will be highly organised and motivated and be able to demonstrate a structured methodology to drawing practices and BOM’s. Must have the ability to juggle several projects at once.
Key Tasks & Skills:
- Detailed drafting of new products from concept stage through to production. Work to include: Design detailing and checking of assembly / sub-assembly and detailed drawings, producing calculations where necessary, generation of Design File, BOM’s.
- Use of 3D modelling (Solidworks) and 2D drafting (Autocad) CAD packages
- Redevelopment of existing products in order to enhance the design, cut costs and consider ease of manufacture.
- Producing, modifying and reviewing engineering drawings.
- Use Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Appreciation in methods of manufacture – particularly in line with our own manufacturing capabilities.
- Appreciation of different material properties and engineering processes.
- Drawing management from concept to production.
- Implementation of trials and recording results.
- Applying manufacturing and quality specifications and assigning notes.
- Identifying and communicating potential design problems to the rest of the design/engineering team.
- Liaising with design/engineering team and proposing new concepts and improvements with customers and shop floor staff
- Ability to work well in a team and individually.
Credentials for the successful candidate:
- Proven design skills.
- Experience in taking ownership of a project.
- Experience in Technical Authoring and Solidworks Composer.
- Used to working to tight production deadlines and cost constraints.
- Have good analytical skills with an eye for detail and excellent communication.
- Must enjoy working both on their own and as part of a team.
Hy-Ram are looking for a well-qualified Design Engineer.
Hy-Ram have an open mind regarding whether the successful candidate be a young graduate in the earlier stages of their career, or a more mature candidate… who can bring experience to the team.
- HND (minimum) / Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years working experience in Solidworks
- Experience in taking ownership of a project
This exciting and varied role would suit a dynamic individual that enjoys running a project from initial concept stage through to final production not afraid of taking ownership and getting involved at all levels.
Our manufacturing facilities are extensive and multi-faceted including CNC and manual milling and turning, welding, assembly, and test. An appreciation of manufacturing techniques, together with material properties and processes would be advantageous.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company pension
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Hand sanitiser stations, face masks worn when working outside your immediate bubble.
- SolidWorks: 2 years (required)
- AutoCAD: 2 years (required)
- Engineering Drawing: 4 years (required)
- Work Location: Mansfield